Please post forum access request here

Due to low traffic and the considerable activity keeping staff very busy on other CASAA networks, this forum has been deactivated. The forums have been locked to new posts, but left open for reading.

Please join the discussions on CASAA's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CASAAmedia
or the CASAA Member Group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/casaamembers/
or the CASAA subforum at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/

Also, follow our blog and discussions at http://blog.casaa.org and sign up to receive our email alerts, Calls to Action and Newsletters at http://casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Sincerely,
Kristin Noll-Marsh
Vice President, CASAA

Re: Please post forum access request here

Postby abby and andy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 am

hello
I am new here and wanna post in the forum.
Hopefully something i can do for CASAA.
thanks
Andy
abby and andy

Postby abby and andy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 am

hello
I am new here and wanna post in the forum.
Hopefully something i can do for CASAA.
thanks
Andy
abby and andy

Postby daporkchop » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks for the forums! May I please have access so I can help fight these knuckleheads (in congress and FDA!)!! :evil: :ugeek:
daporkchop
CASAA Member

Postby NikkiH32 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 am

I would like to be added to the forums to be able to learn more. I have been a vaper for a year now.
NikkiH32
CASAA Member

Postby 1967lefty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm

I would like to be able to post in the forum. You are looking for Regional Reps. I am a new T.V.E.C.A member and I have been a CASAA member for some time. I also own an electronic cigarette business and I have reps in other states that might be willing to help out. I am not looking for advertising or nothing like that I just take my e cigs very seriously. Myself, my wife, my mother and my nephew are vapers I live in Arizona and would be very willing to help. :D
1967lefty

Postby DebRN » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 pm

I would like to be able to post on this forum

Thanks, Deb
DebRN
CASAA Member

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm

I would like to request access to the forum. I would like to offer my experience and financial background to offer help to the group.

Thanks!
Nick
CASAA Member

Postby Rwp7 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:26 am

I am new to the world of e cigs and wish to become more involved to ensure continuance of the availability of safer alternatives to smoking. Please review and allow me to read and post here to receive and offer pertinent information.
Rwp7

Postby Moueix » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello Kristin,

I am a new member to the forum, and recently contributed, signed up, and elected to volunteer as a regional representative for CASAA.
I would like permission to post in this forum, and also in the General forum.

I have a topic I would like to raise regarding a new danger to the vaping community. I have been vaping only 6 months, and in that time I have seen tremendous technological change. My concern is the proliferation of inexpensive rebuildable atomizers readily available at retail, and now, meaning this week, the proliferation of inexpensive mechanical mods readily available at retail. Rebuildables and mechanicals were previously the domain of very experienced vapers, were pricey, and required jumping through many hoops to obtain. The experience level of the users was generally very high. This is going to change very quickly. Retailers need to protect themselves, AND their customers, from the danger posed by unprotected high energy LI-ON batteries, and hard shorts which often occur in rebuildables. A simple ohm meter is now more expensive than an entire combination of mod and RBA, and will likely often be foregone by those seeking these inexpensive devices.

Education is always preferred to regulation. But it would seem that devices beyond the capabilities of novices are becoming readily available, without that education. Which I am sure you understand, would lead to the other. Regulation.

A workplace or public venue accident will certainly grab significant media attention, and will likely result in the banning of ALL devices from the workplace and public venues. A novice user, experiencing a hard short, will likely not have sufficient knowledge to calmly and quickly disable the device, let alone understand what is happening and why. Retailers need to protect themselves and their customers by, at the VERY minimum, requiring the customer purchase a protection device such as the Short Stop or any other fuse-able electronic fail safes, and acknowledge that they will use that device in their unprotected mechanical mods. For their own liability protection, the protection of this industry, and the protection of their customers. To date, we have been very lucky that the incident rate of battery issues has been very low, and were almost always the result of the user making modifications to a protected commercial product. We've gone past that now, and if the FDA seeks to find that the technology is advancing too rapidly without oversight, the recipe for that reality is already in the mix.

I'd like permission to post this opinion on the general board, or, I would like to give you permission to do so. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Three be the things I shall never attain; Envy, Content nor sufficient Champagne - Dorothy Parker
Moueix
CASAA Member

Postby woody55 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello Kristan,

Well I finally got around to joining. Looking to get access to rest.
woody55
CASAA Member

PreviousNext

Return to A Message to CASAA Members