Around the kitchen table

Grab your latte and have a seat. Keep your off-topic discussions here and please be respectful with your language and topics.

Moderator: CASAA Board Member

Re: Around the kitchen table

Postby Thulium » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:19 pm

According to the test, I'm 46% gay and "a happy and well-adjusted hetero man".

I'm good with that. :) Ironically, a lady friend of mine admitted that she didn't show interest in me for a while because she thought I was gay. Apparently, I am a lesbian "trapped" in a man's body.
Thulium
CASAA Member

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:58 pm

That's what they all say ;)
Kate
CASAA Member

Postby Thulium » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Kate wrote:That's what they all say ;)

lol. I'm retaking the test, but lying on the gender question...66% "You're not a **** cliche yet, but are well on your way."
Thulium
CASAA Member

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Ha, don't take it too seriously Thad, it's just a load of old stereotypes that are pretty meaningless in real life :)

I'm thinking of starting a new political party to rebel against the fascist authoritarians, the anarchists, the capitalists and the communists. It'd be a radical free thinkers party with middle of the road policies. It would try to steal the best ideas from all other positions and mash them together into something that results in fairness, justice and healthy societies with no fundamentalist or extremist prejudice in any political direction.

It could be called the Tea Party but if enough Yanks join we could have a branch called the Boston Tea Party and when I have another psychotic episode I'll open a branch called the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Kate
CASAA Member

Postby Thulium » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Kate wrote:I'm thinking of starting a new political party to rebel against the fascist authoritarians, the anarchists, the capitalists and the communists. It'd be a radical free thinkers party with middle of the road policies. It would try to steal the best ideas from all other positions and mash them together into something that results in fairness, justice and healthy societies with no fundamentalist or extremist prejudice in any political direction.

Ah yes! The extreme MIDDLE.

For some reason, its difficult to get people very excited about that. Everyone wants to think of themselves as being "moderate", but it just doesn't lend itself well to anything but complacency. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying its kind of a tough sell. I mean, what are you going to use for a rallying cry? "We're here. We're...uh... used to it."
Thulium
CASAA Member

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:58 pm

The rallying cry will be 'get the kettle on - we're going to have a nice cup of tea and a slow riot' :)

The revolution will be steady, bloodless and constructive and in the end we'll give all the fundamentalists a jolly good talking to. :o That'll teach them. :shock: If it doesn't we'll line them up and flick bogies at them :twisted:

Actually, I quite like that - 'get the kettle on - we're going to have a nice cup of tea and a slow riot', if sigs didn't annoy me I would have that as mine.
Kate
CASAA Member

Postby halfevildruid » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 am

30 percent gay
halfevildruid
CASAA Member

Postby Kate » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:45 pm

It's dead quiet on this forum. It seems like there was a flurry of activity for the CASAA election and then everyone lost interest.

I can hear the echos of my own typing ;)
Kate
CASAA Member

Postby Kate » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:54 pm

I would have thought that elections would be the first step to getting the organisation and community together, not the end of CASAA.
Kate
CASAA Member

Postby Territoo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Not at all, Kate. The flurry of activity continues. Board discussions have been very active. We are hard at work on the organization of CASAA and the development of the website.
Territoo
CASAA Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop