Help me persuade my college to un-ban e-cigs on campus!

This forum is for CASAA members to alert each other on possible legislation that would restrict or deny access to smokeless alternatives in their area. Please subscribe to this forum for email alerts and check back frequently to see what you can do to help keep vaping safe!

Moderator: CASAA Board Member

Help me persuade my college to un-ban e-cigs on campus!

Postby mdee4 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 pm

My college recently banned e-cigs on campus. Many of us find this new ban to be very unnecessary. I am trying to fight my school and persuade them to reverse the ban. I have created a petition to show them that people want it reversed.

Could you guys check out my online petition and sign it? I would really appreciate it. It only takes a couple seconds and then you're done. I'm going to do all I can to reverse the ban.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to try and get the ban reversed? What bothers me is that e-cigs do not belong in the policy! My petition explains why. I would appreciate it a lot if anyone could sign it or give me further ideas to help. Here's my petition... https://www.change.org/petitions/carrol ... cigarettes

Thank you!
mdee4
CASAA Member

Re: Help me persuade my college to un-ban e-cigs on campus!

Postby kristin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 am

Just so people don't think CASAA hasn't seen or responded to this - we have and are working with him to get together a local petition and informational flyer! :)
kristin
CASAA Board Member

Re: Help me persuade my college to un-ban e-cigs on campus!

Postby jlew » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 am

I am not sure what the email letter I wrote is doing... I am hoping that the replies I got weren't just
some form of automated replies (or at least they didn't look like it) and they they didn't just trash it
in their emails... but the letter in full text is over at ECF in the thread started by mdee4 regarding
this petition.

If at all possible for CASAA, perhaps a second email letter could be sent to the same board members
or to other school officials.

Here is a direct link to the schools Contacts Directory:
http://www.carrollcc.edu/directory_main/default.asp
What I did was went to the College home page and found the Contact Us page, used the drop-down
arrows to locate the appropriate contact, copied their email addresses, and submitted them the letter.

I really hope this does work out for the better. It might even set an example for other schools if it
does work out. :)
jlew
CASAA Member

Return to Call To Action!!