Fight nicotine bans

This forum is for CASAA members to alert each other on possible legislation that would restrict or deny access to smokeless alternatives in their area. Please subscribe to this forum for email alerts and check back frequently to see what you can do to help keep vaping safe!

Moderator: CASAA Board Member

Fight nicotine bans

Postby Kate » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Nicotine is a very valuable commodity and it's no wonder that tobacco and pharmaceutical companies want the open markets closed so they can be the only suppliers. In relation to public health, banning nicotine makes no sense, in fact it's likely to cause harm by removing competition and the incentive for innovation.

Please fight nicotine bans, in particular help is needed in Utah and the UK.

Support for Utah nicotine users - http://vapersnetwork.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=44

Support for UK vapers - http://vapersnetwork.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=43
Kate
CASAA Member

Re: Fight nicotine bans

Postby mtndude » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 am

All this time I've been worried about batteries and atomizers... Where would we be without the nicotine?
mtndude
CASAA Member

Postby Kate » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeah, the real issue is not the hardware unless it gets linked with nicotine.

The plan of the World Health Organisation is to make all nicotine 'medicine' and make sure only pharm companies can trade it. They want all other markets shut except for tobacco which is to have nicotine levels gradually reduced.

It looks like the big tobacco v big pharm war has polarised ideas and made people think that nicotine has to be one or the other.

The pharm companies are laughing all the way to the bank on this one.
Kate
CASAA Member

Postby wdstckdr » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:22 am

With Phillip Morris patent and whispers of 3 year time to when a type of inhlational unit will be marketed, with menthol possibly under attack and flavored vaping liquids most likely to be DIY only per FDA mandates- Nicotine is the real issue that is coming forward. Availability movents will need to be monitored.
''Our kind multiplies:
We shall by morning
Inherit the earth.
Our foot's in the door.'' Sylvia Plath

John Connell
wdstckdr@tmo.blackberry.com
wdstckdr@hotmail.com
wdstckdr
CASAA Regional Rep

Postby wdstckdr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 am

Glad you brought that up, I am going to share a link or two elsewhere. I was worried myself about this a few months ago when I started a little DIY and realizaed how many sources require registration numbers and what almost seems like a permit or licence.Image
''Our kind multiplies:
We shall by morning
Inherit the earth.
Our foot's in the door.'' Sylvia Plath

John Connell
wdstckdr@tmo.blackberry.com
wdstckdr@hotmail.com
wdstckdr
CASAA Regional Rep

Return to Call To Action!!