Rhode Island is now on the verge

This forum is for CASAA members to alert each other on possible legislation that would restrict or deny access to smokeless alternatives in their area. Please subscribe to this forum for email alerts and check back frequently to see what you can do to help keep vaping safe!

Moderator: CASAA Board Member

Rhode Island is now on the verge

Postby BigJimW » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm

I sent Governor Carcieri a fax letter in response to the recent press release by the Rhode Island Department of Health regarding electronic cigarettes.

The press release can be viewed here

http://www.ri.gov/press/view/12212

The part that stood out was this one quote

There is no reliable science to support the claims that local electronic cigarette vendors are making,” said Director of Health David R. Gifford, MD, MPH. “Recent research suggests that electronic cigarettes contain carcinogens and other toxic chemicals. In February 2009, Rhode Island and many other states asked FDA to review this product and require premarket approval of it. We are pleased that the FDA has taken these steps to combat a public health threat.”

On my way to work last week, my local radio station WOON aired a news piece of this. At this time I am attempting to get airtime from station manager Dave Richards for a rebuttle. If this does not pan out,, I'll be calling into one of their popular talkshows.

(Don't worry, like my fax to Governor Carcieri, it'll be clean. :D)

It now hits home.
BigJimW
CASAA Regional Rep

Return to Call To Action!!