Swtiching from Smoking to Snus

Discussions about what is going on in the smoke-free alternatives community.

Moderators: CASAA Board Member, Volunteer Admin

Swtiching from Smoking to Snus

Postby James » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Hey everyone,

This is a good read about the benefits of switching from smoking to Snus. Thought you might all enjoy it.

Before I found out about Snus, I was a smoker. I loved the feeling of having my first cigarette of the day, and I also enjoyed the act of actually smoking. The problem with smoking though, is that the downsides far outweigh the positives. Since I live in the Northeast and indoor public smoking is banned, I had to go outside to smoke even in the freezing cold winter. This can be a major downside, especially if you are trying to work on something and then get an urge to smoke. Secondly, the health effects of smoking are terrible. Even though I generally smoked about 10 cigarettes a day, I'd constantly be out of breath, and would sometimes get terrible coughing fits...

Read more on Snus Authority
Snus Authority -your source for Snus reviews, news, and more!
James
CASAA Member

Re: Swtiching from Smoking to Snus

Postby jtcaseyjr » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Before I started vaping, I used snus to stop smoking for about 2 weeks. I refuse to go back to smoking so if the FDA is successful in their stupid crusade, I would use Snus again. Hope I Don't have to as it is still tobacco. But it is better in my opinion then smoking.
jtcaseyjr
CASAA Member

Postby Stubby » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 pm

jtcaseyjr wrote:Before I started vaping, I used snus to stop smoking for about 2 weeks. I refuse to go back to smoking so if the FDA is successful in their stupid crusade, I would use Snus again. Hope I Don't have to as it is still tobacco. But it is better in my opinion then smoking.

I know this is an old thread but the above struck me as odd. You appear to be implying that vaping is inherently less harmful then snus. There is no evidence of that. A good case could be made that snus is less harmful then vaping as you don't inhale anything. Tobacco is not the problem, it's the smoke. Especially a low TNSA smokeless tobacco product as in snus.
Stubby
CASAA Member

Postby cconti » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:17 pm

My problem with snus is that I hated the taste while I love vaping. The only snus I bought was the one from Marlboro, and I suppose there are different kinds, but it was vile. Vile enough that I went right back to my Camel filters, unlike what I did with vaping.
cconti
CASAA Member

Return to General Discussion