Poll - Have you had shipments confiscated?

Moderator: CASAA Board Member

Suppliers: Have you had incoming shipments confiscated?

Yes, and this is a serious problem.
No votes
Yes, but only minor amounts.
20%
No, but I fear it could happen to me.
60%
No, and I'm not worried about it.
20%

Total votes : 10

Poll - Have you had shipments confiscated?

Postby VocalEK » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Suppliers: I'm trying to get a handle on how widespread the problem is. Some of the (newer) ECF members seem to believe that most suppliers are unaffected by the FDA embargos. They have expressed opposition to the AAPHP petition to ask FDA to reclassify e-cigs as tobacco products. What do you think?
VocalEK
CASAA Board Member

Re: Poll - Have you had shipments confiscated?

Postby mac » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 pm

The majority of what we sell is sourced domestically. Customs issues have definitely had a negative effect on availability and caused delays but we have never had anything directly seized. All our china orders are very small. It has been very emotionally draining going to work everyday wondering when the feds are gonna come shut me down. It's kind of depressing. Still I love what I do and am determined not to give up. It is definitely a cause for concern for everyone in this industry.

I think classification as a tobacco product is favorable over a ban. I am not a legal expert but to me it looks like one or the other and I don't want to be forced back to analogs.
mac
CASAA Member

Postby marsbound2024 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:01 pm

I would hate to see it classified as a tobacco product, but I'd hate even worse for it to be classified as something that would ultimately end up getting these products banned.
marsbound2024
CASAA Regional Rep

Postby lisabateman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:20 am

Hi everyone.

I'm becoming familiar with the industry as I have volunteered to help CASAA. I have a question.

Can everything Vapers need be totally sourced from within the US?
lisabateman
CASAA Regional Rep

Postby mac » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:21 am

lisabateman wrote:Hi everyone.

I'm becoming familiar with the industry as I have volunteered to help CASAA. I have a question.

The answer is both yes and no. The technology is there and the manufacturing capability is there. But most american business are too afraid of the FDA to try. Although many companies may claim "Made in America". The truth is that they really mean assembled in america. To my knowledge there is only one guy in the us making atomizers and the wait list for his stuff is absurd. Juice? Yes. Batts? Well that's a non issue really. The atomizers on the other hand are a different story.
mac
CASAA Member

Postby www.AirE8.com » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:19 pm

lisabateman wrote:Hi everyone.

After speaking with the FDA...it is not the atomizers they are concerned about. It is the e-liquid. All electronic components are bought overseas, much like cell phones. China offers pricing that US manufacturers could never match. However, quality is then the issue as they have very different QC standards than we do. That is exactly what the FDA is worried about - they know this. That said, the e-liquid manufactured in the US contains ingredients purchased overseas as well. Again, many e-cig vendors claim "Made in the USA" - either they have been lied to by the wholesaler they buy from or they are lying themselves. Many vendors MIX e-liquid in the US, but again the major raw ingredients are purchased overseas.

I do not lie to my customers in any manner. I have an excellent relationship with my supplier(s) in China. I have excellent communication with the FDA and customs. If a shipment is being 'held' it is alongside everyone elses shipment as an FDA gesture - flexing their muscles. I have never had a shipment held by customs for bad quality products. I demand the best quality - and I pay extra for the best quality as well.
AirE8 E-Cigarettes... Your Resolution Solution !!!

ORDER 651-636-3204 (receive in 2-3 days)

AirE8 Electronic Cigarettes are the Midwest's favorite for a reason...

www.AirE8.com
www.AirE8.com
CASAA Member

Postby moonswamp » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 am

yes, It is the e-liquid, cos it's some kind of "Food". the electronic cigarette is just a electric device, you need the e-liquid to vapor...
Ecigator - China Electronic Cigarette Manufacturer
http://www.ecigator.com/
moonswamp
CASAA Member

Postby Tim » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 am

I think electronic cigarette should be listed as medical product.
Tim
CASAA Member

Return to Retailer Forum